This week, I lost .4 lbs.  Not sure why exactly, because I stuck to the diet for the most part.  Little E is nursing less and less, so I took a point away from my daily intake last week and am going to take 2 more away this week.  We will see if that makes anything change!
I got this recipe called Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups from the South Beach Diet Cookbook, pg 49, and tweaked it a bit.  G calls them egg cupcakes.  They are a little less than 2 points per cup, and they are so yummy!

Egg Cupcakes
6 oz your choice low fat lunch meat, diced (I have used ham and turkey)
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup your choice shredded cheese (I have used pepper jack, cheddar, and parmesan)
7-8 eggs
Optional: cilantro

Preheat oven to 350.  Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.   Saute the veggies (except the spinach) for 3 minutes and then add the meat for another 2 minutes. Evenly divide this mixture into the 12 cups.  In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and cheese together.  Pour this mixture into the cups, and top with a touch of parm cheese if desired.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until the egg is set.

In this picture, I made 6 turkey and cheddar plus the veggies, and 6 ham and pepperjack with the veggies and a bit of cilantro.  I put all of them in a gallon size ziplock and microwave a cup for 40 seconds for breakfast.

3 Comments

  1. Oh, looks yum!! I think I shall try tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. N, remember I would make them all the time when we lived together? Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make these with egg beaters? They look yumm-o!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!!