Portion Control

Portion control is a huge key to losing weight. How many times do you go back for seconds, whether it's the main dish or a side? This is the hardest at restaurants. I usually try and eat half. You never know how many calories/fat etc. is in your food exactly. My husband and I went out to eat last night, and it was so hard!! The name of my husband's burger, you ask? The Coronary. Yeah, it was massive. We were at a famous burger joint here in Atlanta called the Vortex.
Anyway, I digress. As Maureen discussed earlier, we are not posting our weights. But, I can let everyone know, that I did lose 1.8 lbs from last week! (I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Wednesdays) That is a good start. It's hard because based on my weight and height (and the fact that I am not breast feeding), I only get 22 points! Which is about 1100 calories per day. Whew. But, you also have a weekly bank of 35 points that you can use for whatever you want. You can spread it out over every day, or save it for a big night out or something. Mine are usually reserved for alcohol. :) With the Biggest Loser competition, the stakes are even higher! But this will be another great motivational tool. My husband and I don't want to lose that $125 we put in for it- that's a lot of money! We also signed up for Warrior Dash here in GA. The race in itself isn't so bad (3.2 miles) but there are a bunch of obstacles in the last mile or so- jumping over fire, bobbing under water, going through the mud under barbed wire, etc. It should be fun! This also coincides with the Biggest Loser- which will last about 4 months. Whew. Anyway, enough for now, I hope everyone can use our enthusiasm to go lose weight!

Comments

We LOVE comments!!